Friday, June 20, 2008

Why certain physical training cannot make you improve

Hi athletes,

Why are the physical training that you do in every training session cannot make you improve in your badminton sport?

I have been in and out of different training sessions in different places and different cities.

There are some training sessions that I observed is that they do runs in considerable lengths. Focusing on runs in every training is contradicting to this sport.

Just look at the top badminton players, do they run in the court? if they don't run in the court than YOU MUST be seriously look into your training program again.

The same as one athlete asked me this. "coach I have been instructed by our coach to do full squats beginning from the middle court to all 6 position in the court" I am afraid to do this exercise as I am beginning to feel sore on my Quads and pain in my knees.

My answer to him was : Do you see Lin Dan or Lee Chong Wei play and do squats while they are engaging the opponent's shuttle? What is the angle of their knees ? If they are not doing it than this training is not relevant.

Until next time we meet, train smart

Coach

No comments: